Ami Flam Kuttler, Ph.D. is a child clinical psychologist who has developed an expertise in conducting comprehensive and specialized psychological evaluations. She offers her services in a confidential and comfortable setting for children, adolescents, and adults.
Dr. Kuttler personally administers and scores the tests, interprets the results, writes the reports, and meets with families to discuss the results.
She also meets with schools to ensure that students receive the attention, accommodations, and supports necessary to maximize their potential for success.
Psychological evaluations provide a variety of important information including:
- Diagnostic information
- (e.g., Does my child have a learning disability or ADHD?)
- Determining whether a child is achieving at an appropriate level
- Assessing whether a child is working too hard for his or her grades
- Recent documentation of learning difficulties and the need for accommodations during standardized testing (e.g., FCAT, SAT)
- Identification of learning style, including cognitive strengths and weaknesses
- Recommendations for treatment and intervention including the need for:
- - Alternative educational strategies
- - Special academic placement and/or remediation
- - Accommodations for exams
- (e.g., Extra time, use of computer, additional breaks)
- - Speech/language, occupational, or physical therapy
- - Individual and/or family counseling
- - Behavior management